"I can’t stand it to think my life is going so fast and I’m not really living it."
Ernest Hemingway (via exoticwild)
The first chapter of The Retribution of Mara Dyer has been posted on USA Today’s book blog. If you want to read it.
"I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that’s true of beginnings, but it’s not true of this, now.
I fell in love with him. But i don’t just stay with him by default, as if there’s no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me."
Tris // Allegiant (via ksodomi)
Stay mindful of the time stamps when these Twitter images are passed around in the following dayz.
- my math teacher: *pulls out dollar bill* how much is this worth?
- Students: $1
- teacher: *folds bill in half* how much is this worth now?
- students: $1
- teacher: *folds bill in half again* how much is it worth now?
- students: $1
- teacher: what about if I crumple it up and throw it on the ground? Will someone pass by it and say, "Ooh, a dollar, but I won't pick it up because it's all crumpled and dirty"?
- students: No, because it's still worth a dollar.
- teacher: Exactly. No matter how much a human goes through or how much they do, they're still worth the life of a human.